Thursday, June 6, 2013

My 2 Year Old Does My Makeup Tag

So last night I was scrolling through my reading list and I came across a most interesting tag: My 2 Year Old Does My Makeup. This post was put up by Michelle at Sparkle Me Pink, and if you want to check out how well her little girl does click here. I had to read it and then watch the video because the thought of a 2 year old doing my makeup is a little terrifying being that their motor skills are still developing and they have a tendency to get really excited. But Michelle did it and it didn't look too scary, so I decided to give it a go as well.
After breakfast I went and got a towel and laid out some of my makeup stuffs for Penny to paint my face with. She's never really been allowed to play with my makeup aside from like chapstick, so I wasn't really sure what to expect from this little experiment. So I figured we'd start with powder and work from there. I helped her get the powder on the brush and she dusted my cheeks with it, and then she decided to dust her cheeks as well. And that was when things lost focus, lol. She decided that instead of doing my makeup, she was going to do her own makeup. And she went all out. So, like I would do with any of my FOTD posts, I'll include pictures of her lovely makeup followed with a product list.


Face Products Used:  CoverGirl Loose Powder Mineral Foundation in Light; Benefit's Bella Bamba; e.l.f. Studio Cream Blush & Bronzer Duo.


Eye Products Used: A sparkly blue eyeshadow from my Sephora Medium Makeup Bag Palette; Tokidoki eyeshadow in Soya.


Lip Products Used: e.l.f  Essentials Lipstick in Fearless; Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids in Vibrant Mandarin; MUFE Lab Shine Star Collection in S8; Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Black.

As you can see, Penny had a lot of fun with the lipstick and neglected pretty well everything else. But it's her look, so she can do whatever with it. She actually spent most of her time "painting" her nails with eyeliner, and she did pretty okay. Check it out.


Penny and I had a TON of fun working on this tag together, and I thin we're going to continue to do this every now and again. I totally encourage any of you with young kids or nieces to try this tag out. It's a blast and a great little bonding activity. Hope you guys liked this post and if you decide to do this tag leave a link for me so I can check it out. Til next time!!


23 comments:

  1. Awwww how utterly cute! She looks so delighted and I can imagine the squeals of fun you must have heard! I would hunt out my niece, but I need to find makeup I can let go of, first!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had so much fun, we're going to have to do it again soon. And I definitely had some reservations about letting her play with my makeup, so I left my favorites put up far away from her. On the plus side, she seemed to like my cheap lipsticks the best. The e.l.f. lipsticks are only $1 here.

      Delete
  2. lol gosh she's adorable :) looks like she ate the lipstick the way she smeared it lol she is so cute though <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She was definitely trying to eat some of the lipstick lol. I was constantly reminding her that it goes on her lips not in them.

      Delete
  3. HAHAHAHA! I was laughing so loud with the eyeliner as nail polish bit! :) That's really cute!!! :)

    My daughter is 3 yrs and 8 months old. Whenever I put on makeup, she likes to stick around and taking stuff out from my pouch asking me: "mummy are you going to use this? Are you going to pinch your eyes (eyelash curler)?" or she will try to get in front of the mirror and I have to constantly "fight" for the mirror with her... She will also go to fetch her face painting kit (it comes in 3 colours pan in creamy texture) and start "putting on some make up", as I do not allow her to use my makeup stuff. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really let my daughter play with my makeup before, but after I saw the tag put out by Michelle I decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did, because we had so much fun playing together! I think I'm going to get some cheap "play" makeup for her to use in the future though. She didn't wreck anything this time, but there were some close calls.
      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. Nice post, Danielle!

    Your little lady looks a bit naughty :) But she has an amazing mother, who will help and teach her makeup secrets! ;)
    Hugs

    http://makeupdemon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Egle! She was actually really good with the makeup. the mess was pretty well only on her face. I'm thinking she won't listen much to my makeup advice until she's a bit older. :)

      Delete
  5. She's so adorable! What a fun tag to do with your children! Thank you for following my blog, I'm here to follow yours too! LOVE your blog theme - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a ton of fun! And thanks so much for following, it makes my day!!! :D

      Delete
  6. Saw your comment on my blog :) thank you for stopping by! I am following back.

    WOW she really got into it didn't she lol. Very cute I wish my mom would have let me go wild like this with her makeup when I was little lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow back! And yeah, she REALLY got into it, lol. My mom didn't ever have a lot of makeup, and what she had she sure wasn't sharing with me when I was a kid. But the way I see it, makeup is replaceable, and we had so much fun playing together. Can't put a price on mommy/daughter bonding. :)

      Delete
  7. She is adorable! I'm sure you had fun with the make-up remover afterwards! Thanks for the comment and the follow. Following you back and looking forward to reading more. You're beautiful!
    xxo.Brass Knuckles
    http://covertboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the cleanup was definitely something to behold. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment and for following! :)

      Delete
  8. too cute. that's always fun and all for little girls to get in the make up and even play dress up. why didnt you let her do your make up too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get her to do my makeup, but she wasn't having it. She wanted all the pretties to herself! I did get her to powder my cheeks a little and she smeared some lipstick on my nose, but that was about it. Maybe she'll do better next time. :)

      Delete
  9. Great blog now following via Nykki Talks Blog Hop :)
    http://zooeywilksx.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, this is adorable!!!!! :) Just stopping by to say thank you for checking out my blog and leaving a comment, and to let you know that I LOVE your blog and am following via GFC.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! We had a LOT of fun doing this. And thank you so much for stopping by and following!

      Delete