Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Liebster Award... Again!!!

Last week I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Megan Alexis (view her blog *here*) and I was totally stoked. This is the second time that I have been given this award, and it totally thrills me that people care enough to nominate me for such things.


For those of you who don't know, the Liebster Award is passed from one blogger to the next as a way to get to know other bloggers and give out some serious love. The Liebster Award has a few rules to it, as it is for blogs that aren't huge yet. To qualify for the Liebster you should have around 200 or fewer followers, though these rules aren't really enforced and it's nice to show love to everyone.

The Rules:

  • Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
  • Answer the questions the tagger has asked you.
  • Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate and include their links.
  • Come up with 5 new questions to ask your nominees.
  • Let your nominees know about the award. 
Alright, let's get this started with the 11 random facts about me:

  1. My favorite part of being an adult is being able to have mashed potatoes as a full meal instead of as a side dish.
  2. Orange is my favorite color.
  3. "The Safety Dance" is my favorite song from the 80's.
  4. Desperate Housewives is my favorite tv show.
  5. I hate waterproof makeup; it's a total pain to remove and makes my eyes puffy and sad.
  6. The only pie I really like is Key Lime.
  7. I make amazing snickerdoodles.
  8. I named my daughter after a Beatles song.
  9. I'm terrified of elevators.
  10. I have 13 tattoos.
  11. After my daughter is a bit older I'd really like to do a holiday in Europe and pick up a ton of foreign cosmetics. XD
And now to the 5 questions Megan had for me:

  1. Why did you start blogging? Because it sounded like fun. I like playing with makeup and trying out new products, so I thought I would share my thoughts and looks.
  2. What is your dream job? Honestly, my dream job is and has always been, to be a performer on Broadway. It's not very realistic, but that's why it's a "dream" job, so don't hate.
  3. What confuses you the most about health/fitness? I honestly don't find myself that confused by health and fitness. I know what I'm supposed to do for the most part, I just don't always do it.. But I guess I get pretty confused when I go on a random pizza binge and I don't gain weight. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes even when I eat really bad and don't work out much I don't gain weight, but other times I do. The lack of consistency there is rather boggling.
  4. How would you describe your style? I dress pretty casually. I love wearing jeans with a tank top and a sweater/jacket. And flip flops. I plan on sprucing up my wardrobe in the near future, but I still prefer really casual wear. I like to be comfortable in my clothes.
  5. What makeup item can you not live without? Mascara. My eyelashes are really quite nice, but they're also so light that you can't hardly see them.
And now for my 11 nominees!!!

Beauty By Shortylegs       
Makeup Demon       
My Beauty Junction         
Steph's Beauty Boutique
Makeup by Hanna           
PixieVita               
My Beauty Full Adventure     
Makeup Love
KewTeePye                         
Girl, Uninterrupted                     
BeautyQueenUK

Now for my 5 questions to you:

  1. How often do you go to the salon?
  2. What is your hands down favorite facial product/brand?
  3. Do you do makeup for a living or is it just a hobby?
  4. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
  5. What's your spring workout regimen? 
Thanks again to Megan Alexis for nominating me!! And I can't wait to see the responses my nominees have for my questions. Til next time!



                               


10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Danielle, I'm really honoured! I know what you mean about the weight. I go on cake-overload and don't gain, but seem to catch "airborne calories" when I'm eating only cabbage soup. Adding you on NetworkedBlogs, btw.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that does seem to be the way things works. I'm on this kick where I add red pepper and curry powder to most everything in an attempt to lose more weight. So far it's working reasonably well. It's at least keeping me from gaining weight. :)
      And you're very welcome! Your blog is fabulous. XD

      Delete
    2. Red pepper and curry powder help you lose weight? Why didn't anyone ever tell me or try to make money with that info? I have to eat more spicy food then!

      Delete
    3. Yup. They help boost your metabolism. I also find spicy food to be more filling, but that might just be me. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Danielle, I am really honoured that you chose me as one of your nominees. I only did this a few weeks ago though, so I wonder if you want to choose someone else? I will do it again if you prefer xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got this one a month or two ago as well. I won't be offended if you don't want to do it right now. You could always just put it on a back burner for a while and do it later. It's totally up to you. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I go to the salon every eight weeks, but wish I didn't have to. Darn roots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I lightened my hair a couple years ago, and the maintenance is insane. I needed to get my roots touched every 4 weeks. So now I just deal with my natural color. All that bleach fried my poor hair.

      Delete
  4. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for awarding me :) It means a WHOLE LOT to me :)
    Its now up on my blog and CONGRATS to your for getting this award too :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome!! I'm glad I could make you happy. :D
      And thanks for the congrats! It's always nice to get an award. :)
      xoxo

      Delete