Monday, February 25, 2013

Oh, What a Day..

Today is going to be totally crazy. Like wow, crazy. As many of you already know, I had a friend commit suicide last week and I said I'd keep you in the loop as to what's going on. Well, tonight's the memorial service. And I'm not looking forward to it. I'm still pretty angry that one of my friends just gave up; instead of turning to one of us, his friends, he just quit because it was too hard. I know it was his choice to make, I just wish he would have talked to me, or someone, before he decided he was done. But I'm rambling..
And don't get me wrong, I'm terribly saddened by this loss, I'll miss him and I wish he was still here. I'm just angry because he didn't have to be gone.

R.I.P. Brian "Rat" Harnish
But moving on to things that are a little less depressing. Being that I am going to my friend's memorial service today, I'm going to be in town for a change. I don't touch on this very often, but I do live out in the middle of nowhere. Most of my purchases are done online as it's a 30 minute drive to any shops with a decent makeup selection. And I don't like driving, it makes me very anxious (don't know why) so I tend not to make it into the city very often. Which means that I've been holding onto a gift card for the mall since Christmas, and I have $100 to blow on makeup at the Sephora counter in JCP! And I'm actually going to be able to see the product before I purchase! I'm pretty excited if you can't tell.
I've been looking for a foundation that really works for my skin for a while now, and today might be the day I finally find it. Plus I'm pretty well out of liquid liner, which is a major bummer. And my understanding is that the clearance bin at the Sephora over here is awesome. And I am a total sucker for sale items, so hopefully I'll make out like a fox today.
On my trek to the mall today I will be meeting up with my friend Kate who blogs at Girl, Uninterrupted. She has an amazing blog full of looks, videos, and extremely in depth reviews. I highly recommend you check out her blog, and you can link there by clicking here. You should definitely send some love her way and let her know how you found her blog. :)
Needless to say, I will be posting an awesome Sephora haul post either later tonight or tomorrow, and if Kate does a haul post as well I'll be sure to link it.
But I have to go and get cleaned up and prettified for my trip in to town and cut my husband's hair. Til next time!

4 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for your Sephora post ;) And I wish you to have a good relaxation, dear!

    http://makeupdemon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can really use the relaxation. Things have been so stressful lately.
      And I'm super excited to do the Sephora post! I'll get tons of goodies. :)
      Best wishes!
      Danielle

      Delete
  2. I am so sincerely sorry - no, you have every right to be angry :(
    On a happy note - wowza! What ARE you going to get? I really hope you find the holy grail foundation - post soon! xx
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the condolences. It's a terrible loss. :(
      But on the up side at least I can buy some fun stuff! And I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to get, though I definitely need some new liquid eye liner. I'll have a post up later to show off my new goodies. :)
      Have a lovely day!
      Danielle

      Delete