Saturday, December 8, 2012

Glam Look 2 Ways

Before I dive into this one I would just like to say that the flash on my camera just wasn't catching all the shimmer in this look, and I don't have a room with great lighting for photography. Yet.. :)
Okay so tonight I decided to get dolled up and share it with you guys. I went for a glam type look, and after arguing with myself for a bit decided to do it with two different lips. Pink and red.
I started with a moisturizer and primer, my skin is pretty dry so this is a must before I apply makeup. Then I worked in a full coverage foundation that matched my skin tone. Then I did the eyes.
I worked a black cream liner all over my lid and winged it out and then blended it out into the crease to make a nice soft line. I also ran the liner 3/4 down my lower lash line blending it in with the wing. I topped that with a shimmery black shadow on the eye lid and along the lower lash line again blending out to soften and set the color. Then I took my black cream liner along my water line.
Then I applied a white cream highlighter lightly on the brow bone. Then I curled my lashes and applied mascara.
I finished the face with bronzer through the hollows of my cheeks, pink blush on the cheeks, a neutral luminizer, and a pressed powder to set all my makeup.
For the pink lip I applied Maybelline colorsensational in 015 Born With It, and topped it with a clear gloss from my Sephora Collection Color Daze Blockbuster makeup palette.
For the red lip I applied Sephora Collection Color Lip Last in Elegance in Brown with the same clear gloss.
Facial Products: Sephora Collection Perfecting Cover Foundation in light, bronzer and blush from the Sephora Collection Medium Shopping Bag makeup palette, and Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in light.
Eye Products: e.l.f. black cream eye liner, e.l.f. Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter for the highlight (I used the highlighter end, Glow), the black eye topcoat (told you I'd use it!) from my Sephora Collection Color Daze Blockbuster makeup palette, and Clinique High Lengths Mascara in black.

This concludes my glam tutorial, leave a comment, I'm always eager to hear what you think. Like, which do you like better, the pink lip or the red? Til next time!


2 comments: