Saturday, December 29, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Cotouring Blush & Bronzing Cream

Next on the menu from my e.l.f. stocking stuffers is the e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzer in St. Lucia. I've heard a lot about this particular item from various other people, and gotten some mixed reviews. Some say it's a NARS dupe, others say it's not at all. I don't personally have the NARS product that this is supposedly trying to duplicate, so I have no opinion on that. Don't ask cuz I do not know. I am focusing on this product, so let's get started.
Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.
I'm going to start with the packaging, as it looks like they actually tried to make this one pretty. e.l.f. usually skimps pretty hard with their packaging, probably part of why their products are so inexpensive, but this one is actually pretty nice. Firstly it is made of hard matte black plastic whereas most of their products come in that super wimpy plastic, and it looks quite sleek and attractive. The clasp on it is also really quite nice. It's very secure and I have no worries that it will break or randomly pop open on me.
The inside is also well put together, it has a mirror on the top and then the 2 pans of color on the bottom. And they're pretty decently sized too. For $3USD, so far this is a really good deal. On to swatches!!
I did apply this product to bare skin, and it is highly pigmented. Keep that in mind as a little goes a long way! The blush is a really pretty soft pink/coral and the bronzer is a nice warm brown. Both colors are indeed matte! And they are so creamy! It's really quite wonderful. They make for a really gorgeous natural glow on my skin. And did I mention that they're super easy to work with? They blend really well.
I used the blush on the apples of my cheeks and it is just lovely. It looks so natural and healthy! And it has some longevity to it as well. This is seriously my new go-to blush, and my previous go-to blush was Benefit's Bella Bamba, so that's saying something.
I used the bronzer lightly in the hollows of my cheeks and pulled it up to my temples and brought it along my jaw line as well as just a titch on the sides of my nose as a contour. The bronzer is also quite lovely and I love that you can apply it lightly or build it up for a more dramatic look.
So far this is the BEST product bar none that I have purchased from e.l.f. It is totally gorgeous and versatile and has some serious lasting power. I can't think of a better product in this price range period. I will definitely be repurchasing this product when it starts to run low as it is totally awesome.
Hope you enjoyed this review, I know I enjoyed reviewing this one. So fabulous!!! As always feel free to drop a comment below, and if you like what you see here please subscribe. Til next time!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! You should try this one out sometime, Karen. Our coloring is pretty similar.

      Delete
    2. They sell it at Target, Family Fare, Hardings, Village Market, and some Meijers but not all of them. Or you can order online: eyeslipsface.com.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was floored by how natural it looked.

      Delete