Monday, December 31, 2012

e.l.f. Essentials Brightening Eyeliner Pencil

Today I decided to dabble with my new e.l.f. Brightening Eyeliner Pencil in Black. This is another one of my lovely e.l.f. stocking stuffer reviews, so let's get this started!
Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own funds, I am not being paid or compensated by the company in question. My opinions are entirely my own.
Allrighty, this is a pretty standard eyeliner in my opinion. It did come with a sharpener that I haven't used yet, but I'm sure it works fine. How can you go wrong with a sharpener? And the pencil with the sharpener are $1 USD. The packaging claims that this product "Goes on without tugging; Instantly brightens and defines."
The color itself is pretty well pigmented for a pencil, which is always nice, and it did go on without any tugging. And as far as the defining and brightening bit, it's eyeliner. If it doesn't define, then what does it do? And I just don't see how putting black on your face could be brightening in any way. I'm guessing the brightening bit is for some of their other colored pencil liners.
The only thing that I have to say about this product that is negative is it's a little on the smudgey side. I mean, if you're trying to smudge it, that's great. But it's like it doesn't dry properly or something and if you touch it, it smudges. So I'm willing to bet that this doesn't have the greatest wear time.
It does apply very well though. It went on very creamy on both my lid and water line without making my eyes all angry like most pencils do.
So overall this product is really just okay. If you need a liner that smudges well and retains pigment, this is great. But if you want to keep your lines crisp all night, find something else.
Hope you enjoyed my review! Feel free to comment below or subscribe to see more reviews and tutorials. Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment